Child's Information - if not born enter TBD
Sponsor (Godparent) Information
A Sponsor must be a practicing Catholic in good standing. (A certificate of good standing is required from the Catholic Parish in which they are registered and practicing the Faith.)
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- NOT be a parent of the person to be Baptized or the candidate for Confirmation.
- Have received the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Communion.
- Be an active Catholic committed to living a life in accord with Catholic Teaching and Tradition.
- If married, your current marriage must have been witnessed by a Catholic Priest or Deacon.
- Fully participate in the Sacramental life of the Church and are free to receive Holy Communion when you come to Mass.
- Present the person to be Baptized or the candidate for Confirmation for the sacrament and will further help them to fulfill their baptismal promises, faithfully, in accordance with the Holy Spirit.
If there are going to be 2 Sponsors, there must be 1 male and 1 female, no exceptions. There cannot be more than 2 Sponsors.
If neither of the sponsors/godparents are able to be present at the baptism, a proxy will be necessary. Please contact Gerard Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-896-7411.