- All OLGC School and CCF students
- 4th and 5th graders can play in the OLGC House League
- 6th through 8th graders represent OLGC in the CYO Basketball League of Northern Virginia
House League for 4th and 5th Graders
The primary objectives of the OLGC House league are instruction, sportsmanship, and fun. These objectives will be fulfilled in a positive Christian environment. .
- House League is a developmental basketball league for 4th and 5th graders
- All students enrolled in CCF or OLGC School are eligible to participate
- No cuts. All players make a team and play !
- Assessments are conducted to arrange for teams to be balanced
- Practices are one day a week at OLGC
- All games are at the OLGC Gym on Sundays
- Culminates in OLGC’s own “February Frenzy,” an end-of-year double elimination tournament that brings the whole community together
6th-8th Graders play in the NVJCYO Basketball League
The NVJCYO is made up of teams from various parishes in the Northern Virginia area.
- Allows OLGC to play other parishes throughout Northern Virginia
- Practices are once or twice a week at OLGC or local county gyms
- Assessments are conducted to facilitate allocating players amongst the teams
- There are no cuts - all players make a team and play
- Games are generally played on Saturdays and Sundays from December through March
- Typically, OLGC has two teams per grade per gender (a waiver may allow for a third team if a large number sign up)
Contact OLGC CYO Commissioner: Kevin O'Brien 703.585.0423
Our Volunteer Policy:
Parents and adults are encouraged to volunteer. All volunteers must complete the required background check and Virtus Training session.
Visit the Volunteering with Children webpage for more information.