A Roman Catholic devotion is a gift (total or partial) of oneself, or one's activities to God. It is a willingness and desire to dedicate oneself to serve God, either in terms of prayers or in terms of a set of pious acts such as the adoration of God or the veneration of the saints or the Virgin Mary. Roman Catholic devotions are "external practices of piety" which are not part of the official liturgy of the Catholic Church but are part of the popular spiritual practices of Catholics. The Congregation for Divine Worship at the Vatican publishes a Directory of devotions and pious practices.
Devotions at OLGC - refer to monthly calendar for any changes
Due to COVID some modifications have occurred.
- Rosary: Sundays in the Chapel or Mary's Garden at 9:15 am in English and 11:15am en Español
- Evening Prayer: On the first Monday of the month at 7pm we gather together as a parish community to pray Evening Prayer in the Chapel. During Advent and Lent it occurs every Monday night.
- Eucharistic Adoration: Eucharistic Adoration occurs in the Chapel on the first Friday of the month from September - May after the 8:30am Mass and continues until 3pm. Sign up for a Holy Hour using the SignUpGenius link noted on home page of the website. We prefer to have at least two people signed up for a holy hour.
- Stations of the Cross: Fridays during Lent at 7pm in the Church in English, and in the Chapel en Español. Every Friday, all are welcome to visit the Church, Chapel, or our outdoor stations from 10am - 7pm to pray Stations on their own, books in English and Spanish will be available. To access the outdoor stations, you must go through the Church using the door nearest the Choir section, the door will be unlocked.
- Devotional Candles in Chapel and the Church - To "light a candle for someone" indicates one's intention to say a prayer for another person, and the candle symbolizes that prayer. The candles are 3-day candles with a suggested donation of $5.
- Rosary for Persecuted Christians - Thursdays 6:45 - 7:30pm Virtual
- Sanctuary Candles in Church, Chapel and Our Lady Statue - Click button below
- Mass Intentions - Click button below
Contact: Gerard Hall, Director of Liturgy, 703.896.7411