Update - September 18, 2020
Even though we are apart, we are still a community of faith
The dispensation from the Sunday and Holy Day obligation to participate in the Mass remains in place for all Catholics until further notice.
Please remember masks are required on campus and to keep a safe distance from one another. Please use the front main doors of the Church from the bell tower. All other doors will be locked.
Office is Open - Mon - Fri 9am - 4:30pm
Church is Open - Mon - Fri 10am - 5pm
Church is closed on Saturdays & Sundays except for Mass, in order to be prepared for Mass and to clean in between the Masses.
Confessions are Saturday mornings from 9 - 9:30am.
Liturgy & Prayer: Please continue to pray for one another.
- Link to Signup for Mass
- The Sunday 10am Mass and 8:30am Wedensday Mass are live-streamed every week.
- OLGC Mass, Evening Prayer & other reflections and recordings are posted online at www.olgcva.org/live and YouTube Channel "OLGC Streaming" www.youtube.com/channel/UCjlaNF7lIY4lrWCgSVzVtDw.
- Daily readings are available online www.usccb.org/bible/readings.
- The weekly Prayer of the Faithful is listed online www.olgcva.org/liturgy-worship/liturgical-ministries.
- The Candle stands have been moved into the Church for you to light a candle and say a prayer.
- Confessions are Saturday mornings from 9 - 9:30am.
- Holy Water bottles and Worship aid books are available at the Admin Office.
- You can order Mass cards and Mass Enrollments online www.olgcva.org/liturgy-worship/devotions/mass.
- Please visit our news announcement about the 2020-21 School year.
- Visit our Virtual Tour page to watch a video and see all the happenings - www.olgcschool.org/admissions/virtual-tour
- Read Mrs. Jewett's Wildcat Weekly emails - www.olgcschool.org/parents/communication.
- Check out School Social Media sites – Facebook - @olgcschoolva |Twitter - @olgcschoolva | Instagram - @olgcschoolva
Outreach: (Ways to help or if you need help)
- If parishioners, or students would like to write notes or make drawings to other parishioners who are going through this alone and who have family elsewhere, please drop them off at the parish office or mail them to us and we will mail them out. The parish office has notes cards if you need them.
- OLGC School & Parish Staff have made phone calls to our older parishioners to see how they are doing and to let them know we are here if they need anything. If at any time you are in need of assistance, call the office at 703.938.2828.
- Donate to help mothers in need to Divine Mercy Care www.divinemercycare.org/donate-2/ or A Woman's Choice www.awomanschoicecenter.com/page/7-Donate/ or Diocese's Gabriel Project & Project Rachel www.arlingtondiocese.org/giftforlife.
- Parishioners continue to support The Lamb Center with a monthly breakfast on Monday and lunch on Friday, check calendar for dates. If you would like to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list.
- Food for Others is accepting donations www.foodforothers.org. If you are able and would like to donate, you may drop your items at: Food for Others, 2938 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax, VA 22031.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul is available for those in need. email email@example.com or call 703.938.3210. Donations are accepted by check to the church office or online https://membership.faithdirect.net/givenow/VA875/26620.
- CHO (Community for Helping Others) is not accepting or giving food or clothing donations at this time.They are only providing food cards. Please send donations to CHO, PO Box 233, Vienna, VA 22183.
- We continue to support on a monthly basis Christ House, contact Patty Orfini and SOME, contact Anna Somers if you would like to help.
- CCF started virtual this year.
- Weekly Emails are being sent to CCF families regarding lessons and resources.
- Vacation Bible School happened virtually this year. View photos at https://olgcviennava.smugmug.com/2020-VBS/
- OLGC parishioners have the opportunity to view online Catholic media in the form of programs, e-books, movies, audio sources for FREE through our parish subscription to Formed.org. Parishioners can experience several hours of watching, reading and listening to the best of Catholic content. Use Code VGXJ7X.
- Online Resources
- Plans for the 2020-21 Year are in the planning stages.
- Weekly activities happened for the High School Youth of the Parish. Visit and follow at Before the Flame Studio Youtube and Before the Flame Studio Instagram. Contact him to be added to the weekly email list.
- GROUP Mission Trips and our Workcamp was postponed until 2021.
- Support Businesses that Support OLGC
- The bulletin is still being published and some printed copies are available at the Admin Office. The bulletin is posted online and you can sign up to receive it via email, click on Bulletin.
- Weekly email updates - If you or you know of a parishioner who is not receiving emails please have them check their spam folder or have them email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Follow us on social media
- Church - Facebook - @olgcviennava |Twitter - @olgcviennava | Instagram - @olgcviennava
- School – Facebook - @olgcschoolva |Twitter - @olgcschoolva | Instagram - @olgcschoolva
- Electronic giving is a sure and consistent way to support OLGC during this uncertain and changing time through Faith Direct https://membership.faithdirect.net/enroll/VA875. Text to Give is another option, simply text the dollar amount to 703.810.7674.
- PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS of fraudulent email & text messages! Parishioners continue to receive phony email messages allegedly from clergy and staff. Churches are reporting text messages that are also being received. DO NOT REPLY TO THE MESSAGE and DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS. If you receive a message like this, report it as Spam, Junk, or Phishing through your email provider. If you have already clicked or replied to the message, it is recommended that you change your email password since many of these scams are trying to capture your information. OLGC Staff will only communicate with you from an email address ending in @olgcva.org or @olgcschool.org. All other email addresses should be considered spam.
- Support Businesses that Support OLGC
- If you are not familiar with Zoom please watch this video so that you can participate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9isp3qPeQ0E.
Diocese of Arlington
- Bishop Burbidge publishes a new pastoral letter, "In Tongues All Can Hear" on effective ways to evangelize and communicate during these times.
- Bishop Burbidge produced a weekly podcast click to listen.
- Bishop Burbidge has written a letter to the faithful encouraging participation in the 2020 Census.
- Visit the Diocese's website for a listing of local Live stream Masses, prayer guides, and more! www.arlingtondiocese.org/covid19resources/.
- Prayer – Here is a prayer that Bishop Burbidge wrote to bring you hope and relieve any anxieties. Jesus, Son of God, you were sent by the Father to bear our weakness; be with us in this time of crisis. Merciful Savior, heal and comfort the sick, so that, with health restored, they may give you praise. Divine Physician, accompany our caregivers so that, serving with patience, they may heal wisely. Eternal Wisdom, guide our leaders so that, seeking remedies, they may follow your light. Christ, the Anointed, protect us in body and spirit, so that, freed from harm, we may be delivered from all affliction. Who live and reign with God the Father in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen
Print Coloring pages to explain COVID-19 to children.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the best source of information is directly from the www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Fairfax County's COVID-19 website. https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/ This week, the county created one website to house the various aspects related to COVID-19: operating status, count information, health department updates, updates for the schools, and how one can help at this time.
- You can also view the emergency blog, and stay in touch using the County's social media platforms and through text messaging (Text FFXCOVID to 888777 to receive updates).
- The Health Department has a dedicated phone line that residents can call if they have questions 703-267-3511 (9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. weekdays and 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekends).
- If you need support please call Coordinated Services Planning (CSP) 703-222-0880 (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays). Residents can also visit the Human Services Resource Guide (HSRG) at https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hsrg/ , an online, searchable guide to available health and human services resources in Fairfax County.
- An updated list of community-based resources for food assistance and donations can be found at: https://www.fcps.edu/news/coronavirus-update-food-resources. Residents who want to contribute are
- Fairfax County Assistance and Resources
- The Department of Family Services announced that our Financial and Medical Assistance lobbies at each of our locations (Fairfax, South County, Annandale, and Lake Anne) will be closed to walk-in visitors starting Friday, Mar. 20, 2020. Get assistance from a distance. For more information: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/familyservices/financial-and-medical?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
- Assistance from a Distance for older adults and adults with disabilities: Access DFS Services Remotely During the COVID-19 Pandemic: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/familyservices/assistance-from-a-distance