Updated - April 25, 2021
The dispensation from the Sunday and Holy Day obligation to participate in the Mass remains in place for all Catholics until further notice.
10am Sunday Mass and 8:30am Wednesday Mass are live-streamed and can be viewed on
All parishioners have been receiving weekly newsletters since March of 2019. If you are not receiving these, either we do not have you registered as an OLGC parishioner or do not have an email address for you. Please contact the parish office, 703-938-2828.
We are so excited to see so many parishioners returning to weekday and weekend Masses. We continue to update our processes based on the recommendations from our COVID Task Force, the Diocese, VA Dept. of Health, and the CDC. Our goal is to make sure Mass is available to all that want to attend as safely as possible.
We are working towards opening additional pews in the Church starting in May.
Starting April 24, 2021, we will be opening two entrances from the bell-tower circle and will no longer use the side door closest to the Admin building as an entrance. This was a recommendation from the Safety & Security Team and will allow our porters to communicate with one another more effectively and allow us to accept walk-ins easier.
To allow as many attendees as possible at each Mass, please let the porters seat you so we can maximize our seating capacity.
Many Masses have reached capacity on the signup by Sunday, but by the time Mass starts, we have had between 20-40 no-shows. Please only signup if you plan to attend Mass. If you are unable to attend after signing up, remove yourself from the signup, contact the parish office or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed.
From the beginning, we have asked all attendees to arrive no later than 5 minutes before Mass begins. Our goal is never to turn away anyone from Mass. Please help us in this goal. Our church bells ring 5 minutes before Mass, and this will be the time that our Porters will accept walk-ins if not at capacity. The doors will then be closed once the presider processes to the altar, so the Porters can be fully engaged in the Mass. Please know that if you arrive after the doors have been closed, you will need to return for a different Mass time or watch Mass via our recording.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The Office is Open - Mon - Fri 9am - 4:30pm, closed for lunch from 12noon-12:45pm.
The Chapel is Open - Mon - Fri 10am - 5pm
Confessions are Saturday mornings from 9 - 9:30am and during Lent on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:30pm.
Even though we are apart, we are still a community of faith
Liturgy & Prayer: Please continue to pray for one another.
- Link to Signup for Mass
- The Sunday 10am Mass and 8:30am Wednesday Mass are live-streamed every week.
- OLGC Mass, Evening Prayer & other reflections and recordings are posted online at www.olgcva.org/live and YouTube Channel "OLGC Streaming" www.youtube.com/channel/UCjlaNF7lIY4lrWCgSVzVtDw.
- Daily readings are available online www.usccb.org/bible/readings.
- The weekly Prayer of the Faithful is listed online www.olgcva.org/liturgy-worship/liturgical-ministries.
- The Candle stands are available in the Church and the Chapel for you to light a candle and say a prayer.
- Holy Water bottles and Worship aid books are available at the Admin Office.
- You can order Mass cards and Mass Enrollments online www.olgcva.org/liturgy-worship/devotions/mass.
- OLGC School is open for in-person classes 5 days a week.
- Visit our Virtual Tour page to watch a video and see all the happenings - www.olgcschool.org/admissions/virtual-tour
- Read Mrs. Jewett's Wildcat Weekly emails - www.olgcschool.org/parents/communication.
- Check out School Social Media sites – Facebook - @olgcschoolva |Twitter - @olgcschoolva | Instagram - @olgcschoolva
Outreach: (Ways to help or if you need help)
- If parishioners, or students would like to write notes or make drawings to other parishioners who are going through this alone and who have family elsewhere, please drop them off at the parish office or mail them to us and we will mail them out. The parish office has note cards if you need them.
- OLGC School & Parish Staff have made phone calls to our older parishioners to see how they are doing and to let them know we are here if they need anything. If at any time you are in need of assistance, call the office at 703.938.2828.
- Each month OLGC sponsors one large Outreach Project. Please see the website, bulletin & newsletters for details.
- Donate to help mothers in need to Divine Mercy Care www.divinemercycare.org/donate-2/ or A Woman's Choice www.awomanschoicecenter.com/page/7-Donate/ or Diocese's Gabriel Project & Project Rachel www.arlingtondiocese.org/giftforlife.
- Parishioners continue to support The Lamb Center with a monthly breakfast on Monday and lunch on Friday, check calendar for dates. If you would like to volunteer, please email email@example.com to be added to the list.
- Food for Others is accepting donations www.foodforothers.org. If you are able and would like to donate, you may drop your items at: Food for Others, 2938 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax, VA 22031.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul is available for those in need. email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.938.3210. Donations are accepted by check to the church office or online https://membership.faithdirect.net/givenow/VA875/26620.
- CHO (Community for Helping Others) is a place you can donate food or clothing or food cards. Please send donations to CHO, PO Box 233, Vienna, VA 22183.
- We continue to support on a monthly basis Christ House, contact Patty Orfini if you would like to help.
- CCF is happening virtually this year.
- Weekly Emails are being sent to CCF families regarding lessons and resources.
- We are looking forward to hosting Vacation Bible School this summer. Details are being worked out.
- OLGC parishioners have the opportunity to view online Catholic media in the form of programs, e-books, movies, audio sources for FREE through our parish subscription to Formed.org. Parishioners can experience several hours of watching, reading and listening to the best of Catholic content. Use Code VGXJ7X.
- Online Resources
- High School Youth ministry is happening weekly, most events are virtual and now with nicer weather ill start back up in-person. To be added to weekly email contact director of YM Derek Rogers
- JPTuesdays at 7pm
- Hello Scripture on Thursdays at 7pm
- Nightlife on Sundays at 6pm
- Students will be attending WorkCamp June 20-26th contact Derek for details.
- Support Businesses that Support OLGC
- The bulletin is still being published and copies are available at the Admin Office. The bulletin is posted online and you can sign up to receive it via email, click on Bulletin.
- Weekly email updates - If you or you know of a parishioner who is not receiving emails please have them check their spam folder or have them email email@example.com.
- Follow us on social media
- Church - Facebook - @olgcviennava |Twitter - @olgcviennava | Instagram - @olgcviennava
- School – Facebook - @olgcschoolva |Twitter - @olgcschoolva | Instagram - @olgcschoolva
- Electronic giving is a sure and consistent way to support OLGC during this uncertain and changing time through Faith Direct https://membership.faithdirect.net/enroll/VA875. Text to Give is another option, simply text the dollar amount to 703.810.7674.
- PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS of fraudulent email & text messages! Parishioners continue to receive phony email messages allegedly from clergy and staff. Churches are reporting text messages that are also being received. DO NOT REPLY TO THE MESSAGE and DO NOT CLICK ON LINKS. If you receive a message like this, report it as Spam, Junk, or Phishing through your email provider. If you have already clicked or replied to the message, it is recommended that you change your email password since many of these scams are trying to capture your information. OLGC Staff will only communicate with you from an email address ending in @olgcva.org or @olgcschool.org. All other email addresses should be considered spam.
- Support Businesses that Support OLGC
- If you are not familiar with Zoom please watch this video so that you can participate. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9isp3qPeQ0E.
Diocese of Arlington
- Diocese of Arlington - Frequently Asked Questions Regarding COVID-19 Vaccines
- USCCB news release Address the Use of the Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 Vaccine
- USCCB news release Address Ethical Concerns on the New COVID-19 Vaccines
- Updated COVID Guide
- Bishop Burbidge produced a weekly podcast click to listen.
Statement of Bishop Burbidge on Pope Francis's Words Regarding “civil unions”
- Bishop Burbidge publishes a new pastoral letter, "In Tongues All Can Hear" on effective ways to evangelize and communicate during these times.
- Visit the Diocese's website for a listing of local Live stream Masses, prayer guides, and more! www.arlingtondiocese.org/covid19resources/.
- Prayer – Here is a prayer that Bishop Burbidge wrote to bring you hope and relieve any anxieties. Jesus, Son of God, you were sent by the Father to bear our weakness; be with us in this time of crisis. Merciful Savior, heal and comfort the sick, so that, with health restored, they may give you praise. Divine Physician, accompany our caregivers so that, serving with patience, they may heal wisely. Eternal Wisdom, guide our leaders so that, seeking remedies, they may follow your light. Christ, the Anointed, protect us in body and spirit, so that, freed from harm, we may be delivered from all affliction. Who live and reign with God the Father in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, forever and ever. Amen
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is the best source of information is directly from the www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Fairfax County's COVID-19 website. https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
- Virginia Department of Health Vaccine Plan
- Fixed COVID-19 testing sites
- You can also view the emergency blog, and stay in touch using the County's social media platforms and through text messaging (Text FFXCOVID to 888777 to receive updates).
- Health: Visit the Health Department’s NEW website COVID-19 Tools for the Fairfax Community https:// www.fairfaxcounty.gov/health/novel-coronavirus/tools. You will find a new topic weekly and communication tools to help you share information with your community. Residents can still call if they have any questions 703-267-3511 (9:30am to 9pm weekdays and 9:30am- 5 pm on weekends).
- If you need support please call Coordinated Services Planning (CSP) 703-222-0880 (8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. weekdays). Residents can also visit the Human Services Resource Guide (HSRG) at https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/hsrg/, an online, searchable guide to available health and human services resources in Fairfax County.
- An updated list of community-based resources for food assistance and donations can be found at: https://www.fcps.edu/news/coronavirus-update-food-resources. Residents who want to contribute are
- Fairfax County Assistance and Resources
- Assistance from a Distance for older adults and adults with disabilities: Access DFS Services Remotely During the COVID-19 Pandemic: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/familyservices/assistance-from-a-distance
- Print Coloring pages to explain COVID-19 to children.