2018 OLGC Community Lenten Fish Fry Recap
Thank you to all the parishioners, family and friends, of all ages, that contributed their time, expertise, desserts, and most importantly appetites to make our 2018 OLGC Lenten Fish Fry such a smashing success! This is a direct reflection of the collective will and spirit of our parish community!
- More than 200 people from the parish volunteered including participants from the Knights of Columbus, Men's Club, Women of OLGC, Single Seniors, Hispanic Group, Filo-American Group, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, CYO, OLGC school students and staff, PTO, CCF students, Teen Youth Group, Young Adults, the parish staff, and the Oblates.
- We introduced Fried Oysters, Capt'n Crunch Fish Bites and Fish Chowder to the menu.
- Over 4,000 meals were served.
- 1,900 pounds of Cod, 370 pounds of shrimp, and 20 gallons of oysters were fried or baked over the six weeks.
- 400+ pounds of hand-cut fries were served every week.
- The coleslaw, rice and beans, mac & cheese, tartar, rémoulade and cocktail sauces and other menu items were made from scratch.
- The homemade desserts were all donated by parishioners, including many from OLGC school students.
- We established a parking lot safety patrol to ensure a safe environment for patrons and kids enjoying the outdoors.
- We stayed open through the wind storm/power outage on March 2nd.
- The 50/50 generated over $800 for the Women of OLGC's Power Pack drive and over $750 for the Young Teachers Fund.
- The mission of the Lenten Fish Fry is to promote community, however because of your generosity we collected ~$60,000 and were able to add ~$20,000 to the general parish fund.
Thanks to Fathers Matt and Dolan for their support and help in the kitchen this year and to all the Oblates for attending and supporting our effort. By the way, the 'Metzger' special was one of the most popular items on the menu!
Thanks to the following local businesses that contributed to our success this year, including Kelley Tree Service, Caboose Brewery, Norm's Wine and Spirits, Lombardi's Pizza, Italian Gourmet, Party Mania, Skorpios Maggio's, The Dress Code, and Abe Lincoln Signs.
Most importantly, thank you to all who volunteered and/or partook in the second annual OLGC Lenten Fish Fry! See you March 8th, 2019...or maybe sooner!!!
Russ, Chris, Andy, Nick, Scott and the entire Fish Fry Crew