Donate non-perishable foods (especially lunch & dinner items) no later than October 11th to the Administration Building.
On October 12th beginning at 9am in DeSales Hall our parish will fill "power packs" for the 1st time this school year. Last school year we filled 550 bags in December and 755 bags in March. We hope to exceed that amount this year!
Many Fairfax County school children do not have sufficient food at home to carry them through a weekend. These "power packs" supply a child with breakfast, lunch, snack, & dinner for the 2 weekend days. Currently, Food for Others gives out approximately 67,000 "power packs" to children in 29 Fairfax County Elementary Schools.
Food for Others is in serious need of the following items for the Power Packs (note: nothing that has to be cooked can be accepted):
- Individual Oatmeal packets in all flavors: Apples & Cinnamon, Maple & Brown Sugar, or plain
- Cereal - individual serving size boxes (0.75oz-1.2oz): Froot Loops, Pops, Raisin Brand, etc.
- Granola Bars – Milk 'n Cereal bars, Nutri Grain bars
For Lunch and/or Dinner (all single serving/kid sizes):
- Mac & Cheese cups: Velveeta and Kraft
- Tuna Salad & Chicken Salad Kits with crackers: Bumble Bee
- Hormel "Compleats for Kids" Meals (best price is at WalMart)
- Chef Boyardi: Beefaroni, Ravioli, Spaghetti & Meatballs, chicken and rice etc. (single/kid serving sizes)
- Fruit cups (in their own juice)
- Cheese & crackers (no peanut butter), Goldfish crackers
- Applesauce Squeeze packets (all flavors)
- Fruit Snacks (i.e. Welch's)
- Granola Bars (i.e. Nature's Valley) & Chewy Bars (i.e. Quakers)
- 100% Fruit juice boxes
- Capri Sun juices packets
- Shelf stable milk (Horizon and Yoo Hoo have individual boxes in chocolate, strawberry, vanilla & regular)
- No glass containers, please!
Contact Women of OLGC to add your name to list to assist with this, Lamb Center or Funeral Luncheons.