Next Discussion Mon. Sept. 24th 7pm
Join us on Monday, September 24th at 7pm in DeSales Hall for our second discussion on OLGC's response for healing of the Church.
We have a change in plans - It has been announced in recent communications to priests and to all parishioners in the Diocese of Arlington, Bishop Burbidge is planning on holding meetings with parish leaders to discuss the issue of our diocesan efforts to provide for the protection children and youth as well as to address the handling of allegations of sexual abuse of minors by clergy. These meetings will include the presence of a number of members of our diocesan staff who have a variety of expertise in these issues. As a result, there will not be individual members of diocesan staff participating in individual parish meetings such as ours tonight. However, we will still meet TONIGHT at 7pm in DeSales Hall to determine the topics and issues that will be included in our letter or petition to the Bishops, as well as plan for future discussions. Thank you for understanding.
On Tuesday, August 28th the OLGC Community gathered in Evening Prayer for Healing of the Church: To pray for victims, survivors and all those affected by the actions of the church, her leaders and those called to protect.During reflection attendees had the opportunity to ask questions and give ideas on how we, the church, move forward.
- Summary of Topics from the August 28th Prayer Service
- Resumen del servicio de oración realizado el día 28 de agosto del 2018
- Letter from Russ Weaver, President of OLGC Pastoral Council
- Fr. Matt's Musings dated Aug. 17 & Aug. 24th - https://www.olgcva.org/about-us/welcome
- Oblates of St. Francis deSales website to answer questions regarding sexual abuse
The Catholic Diocese of Arlington website includes a resource page where parishioners can access information regarding the recent events affecting the Church. Read the policies on child protection and responses to the crisis from Bishop Burbidge and the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops at www.arlingtondiocese.org/childprotection and listen to Bishop's podcasts https://www.arlingtondiocese.org/Bishop/Walk-Humbl...
- How to report sexual abuse in the Diocese of Arlington
- Diocesan Review Board
- Bishop Burbidge's interview on WJLA
- Interview of Deacon Marques Silva, Director of Diocesan Child Protection Office & Dr. Frank Moncher of the diocesan Victims Assistance Office Diocese of Arlington - "What changed after the 2002 abuse crisis"
- USCCB News Releases
- USCCB Office of Child & Youth Protection
The Causes and Context of Sexual Abuse of Minors by Catholic Priests in the United States, 1950-2010 A Report Presented to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops by the John Jay College Research Team