Volunteering with Children
Background Check & Training Requirements for Employees & Adults
Who Volunteer or Work with Children
In accordance with Diocesan policy, all adult volunteers are required to fully comply with Diocesan child protection requirements. Full compliance requires that all adult volunteers who volunteer in school (on the playground, at school activities and events, and field trips), with CCF or Youth Ministry must complete and clear the following 3-part Volunteer Certification Process:
- Complete this OLGC online form so we are aware and can track your background process.
- Complete the NEW online Office of Child Protection background check questionnaire. https://www.arlingtondiocese.org/Child-Protection/
- Attend a one-time 4-hour VIRTUS training session (Protecting God's Children for Adults) at a Catholic parish in Northern Virginia. Register online www.virtusonline.org and choose Arlington Diocese.
- Click on First Time Registrant OR enter your login and password
- Click on View a List of Sessions
- Select Arlington, VA (Diocese)
- Scroll down, select a session and follow the prompts.
Reminder: If you arrive to the Virtus session late or leave the session early, you will not be given credit for attendance, and will have to attend another session.
For more info, contact Christine Moan, OLGC Child Protection Liaison, 703.896.7413
For policy definitions, visit the Diocesan Office for Child Protection and Safety website.