2021 Fall Confirmation Packet
Below you will find all of the forms and details referenced during the 7th Grade Parent/Candidate Meeting on 1/10/21 or 1/12/21. If you have any questions, please contact Derek Rogers at email@example.com.
Forms and Documents Due Prior to Confirmation (Winter, Spring, Summer 2021)
- Form 1A. Confirmation Info and Commitment Form: Due Feb. 1, 2021
- A Newly Issued Baptismal Certificate with Notations: Due March 1, 2021
- Form 2A. Confirmation Name (Saint)/Sponsor Info: Due June. 1, 2021
- Confirmation Retreat Signup: Due July 1, 2021
- Sponsor Eligibility Form/ Letter of Good Standing: Due Aug. 1, 2021
- Confirmation Faith Sharing Interview & Reflection Questions: Due Aug. 23, 2021
Confirmation Forms Due Post Confirmation (Spring 2022)
- Confirmation Checklist: Due April 2022
- Adoration Log: Due April 2022
- Liturgical Service Hours Log: Due April 2022
- OLGC Parish Community Service Hours Log: Due April 2022
- Local VA Community Service Hours Log: Due April 2022
- Confirmation 2021 Timeline
- Confirmation Formation Process
- Confirmation FAQs
- Choosing a Confirmation Name (Online Resources)
- Selecting a Confirmation Sponsor
- Bishop Burbidge's Confirmation Questions and Answers
- Letter from the Director of Faith Formation
- Laying on of Hands Prayer and Reflection Questions
- Confirmation Meeting PowerPoint Presentation
October 30, 2021 Confirmation Mass Reminders
Attendance at OLGC Religion Class or CCF Session. Confirmandi need to be fully present for Religion Class or CCF in the coming weeks to complete their study on the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Sacrament of Reconciliation. Confirmandi and sponsors are strongly encouraged to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation prior to the Sacrament of Confirmation so that their hearts are fully open to receiving the graces of the Sacrament of Confirmation.
o OLGC hosts Confession on Saturday mornings at 9 am or by appointment by calling or emailing the priests. Click here for the priests’ contact information.
o There will be no appointments available the week of Confirmations.
o You can also check out other Catholic Churches in the area for their schedule.
o Please do not wait until the week of Confirmation to participate in the Sacrament of Reconciliation/Confession. Please find a time within the next month.
Bishop’s Questions. Although Bishop Burbidge will not be present at Confirmation, he wants to ensure that the Confirmandi are well prepared for this Sacrament. Please remember to have the Confirmandi keep reviewing Bishop Burbidge’s Confirmation Questions and Answers, which contain essential knowledge of the Catholic Faith. Click hereto review. Archbishop Broglio will be the Confirming Prelate and may or may not ask questions during the Confirmation Mass on Saturday, October 30th.
Rehearsal. Rehearsal for Confirmation will take place on Thursday, October 28th. Confirmandi and Sponsors should be in attendance. If the sponsor cannot come, please have a parent of the Confirmandi come in his/her place.
o The 10 am Confirmation Mass will rehearse at 6:30 pm on 10/28/21.
o The 1:30 pm Confirmation Mass will rehearse at 7:30 pm on 10/28/21.
Mass Attire. All Confirmandi and guests should be dressed in modest Sunday best attire for the Confirmation Mass. Please make sure no clothing is too short, too revealing, or too casual.
o For attire reminders, please visit:
· For women, click here.
· For men, click here.
Mass Arrival Time. Please arrive 30 minutes prior to your assigned Confirmation Mass time on 10/30/21 and check in at the main front doors of the Church near the Bell Tower.
o Confirmandi will need to check in and be seated in the Church in their assigned seats.
o Sponsors will need to check in and meet in the Chapel for a meeting 30 minutes prior to the Mass.
o Doors will also open 30 minutes prior for guests to find seats in the Church.
Seats. Confirmandi and Sponsors will have assigned seats at the front of the Church. The rest of the Church will be open for guest seating.
COVID Guidelines. As this is a Parish celebration, we will follow the COVID guidelines with the guidance of the Diocese. We encourage everyone to follow the CDC’s guidance on masks when attending Mass at OLGC: click here. If there are any additional COVID precautions that need to be implemented, we will let you know closer to October 30th.
In the Event of Illness:
· If you have been sick or have been around others who have been sick in the last 14 days, please do not come to the Confirmation Mass.
· If the Confirmandi is sick, please email Derek Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work out a plan for receiving this Sacrament of Confirmation at another time.
No Photography. As in the past, there is no photography permitted during Confirmation Mass out of respect for the sacredness of the Sacrament. Please be fully present to the Sacrament of Confirmation, which cannot be captured in a photo. We plan to hire a photographer to capture the general celebration of Confirmation. The photographer will not be taking pictures when the Sacrament of Confirmation is received.
Live Stream. The Confirmation Masses will be live streamed: click here.
Reception. We will host a cookie and juice reception in DeSales Hall following the Confirmation Masses. Archbishop Broglio will be available for photos during the reception.
Proxy. If the sponsor is not able to be present for the Sacrament of Confirmation, he/she needs to delegate a proxy in writing, stating the name of the person who will be standing in their place. Please include the Confirmandi’s name and the date of Confirmation. The proxy should meet the same qualifications as the sponsor. The sponsor needs to email this delegation notice to Derek Rogers at email@example.com.
Point of Contact. As many of you know, I will be going on maternity leave in the very near future and will sadly be missing Confirmation this year. If you have any questions about Confirmation while I am away, please email Derek Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8th Grade Large Group Sessions Save the Dates. After Confirmation, formation continues with OLGC Religion Classes or CCF Sessions! All Confirmandi will also gather for Large Group Sessions with Derek Rogers in DeSales Hall from 6:45 pm to 8 pm on Mondays: 12/13/21, 2/28/22, and 4/25/22.