In accepting the role of a sponsor for the Sacrament of Baptism or Confirmation, you are responsible as a model and example of a committed and active Catholic and assume the responsibility for assisting the candidate in living a Christian life, and be a support to the parents and family in the practice of the Catholic faith, and you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a registered parishioner of Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic Church.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- NOT be a parent of the person to be Baptized or the candidate for Confirmation.
- Have received the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Holy Communion.
- Be an active Catholic committed to living a life in accord with Catholic Teaching and Tradition.
- If married, your current marriage must have been witnessed by a Catholic Priest or Deacon.
- Fully participate in the Sacramental life of the Church and are free to receive Holy Communion when you come to Mass.
- Present the person to be Baptized or the candidate for Confirmation for the sacrament and will further help them to fulfill their baptismal promises, faithfully, in accordance with the Holy Spirit.
Potential sponsors must present themselves in person at the Administration Office to sign the Letter of Good Standing in the presence of the Pastor or one of his delegates, during regular office hours.
If you are a member of another parish or are not registered at OLGC, please contact your local parish for assistance. The Letter of Good Standing should be obtained from your own parish.