Stewardship in Action
We have already made significant progress, thanks to recent generous pledges and one-time gifts. To manage costs, the HVAC and roof projects have been phased over four years.
We have been able to complete the following capital projects:
- Phase 1 of the HVAC project was completed on time in August 2022. Phase 2 is due to begin in June 2023.
- The Diocese of Arlington Contracts Office is overseeing the HVAC and roof contracts.
- The Church sound system has been upgraded, allowing for livestreaming of Masses and community events, and an improved in-person experience.
- The Bell Tower and cracks in the church walls have been repaired.
- The campus-wide security system is being installed.
The Current Perspective
The time has come for us to act. Our facilities need immediate attention so that our active ministries and organizations can thrive. Our founding parishioners made great sacrifices to build our first buildings and over the years, even more stewards grew the parish into what OLGC is today.
The initiatives of The Cornerstone Project ensure that all of the buildings on our campus operate in a seamless manner so that faith, education, and fellowship can be the focus of our shared Salesian experience.
Support for The Cornerstone Project will ensure that our campus continues to be a comfortable and inviting place to celebrate Mass, for our children to learn, and for us to LIVE JESUS! together.